N's email 6/23/2015


area: Jennings Branch (Crowley, Louisiana)
zone: Orange
companion: Elder Kohler


I'm in Louisiana! Jennings to be more specific. I've left the city and come to the country. It's super green here. And Main Street in Crowley reminds me of Placerville Main street. (We live in Crowley for now because the apartment in Jennings was not a good environment so now we're waiting for the Church to find a new apartment in Jennings for us. For the time being we have to drive 20 miles to get to our area… )
My new companion is Elder Kohler. He's been out 3 transfers (18 weeks). We were white-washed into this area, meaning we are both new, but Elder Kohler's last area was Crowley which is in the same branch, so he already knows the branch members and a lot of the area. I'm also a district leader now, meaning I get to serve not only the people of my area, but also the 4 missionaries in the Jennings Branch.

Last week was a lot of fun. It rained, nonstop, for 6 days. It never flooded where I was though. We taught an awesome young couple named Corey and Amanda. We also helped Sister Obu (her husband is a member who joined the church when he was a teenager living in Nigeria) understand what she needed to do to prepare for baptism and she accepted July 26 as the date she'll get baptized, so I'll get to go back to Baytown for that.

We said goodbye to all the ward members. I'm going to miss Brother Files (he's the ward mission leader or the guy to looks after the missionaries serving there and helps them coordinate efforts with the ward.
I'm going to miss that area. I'll miss Elder Leftwich too. He's got such a strong desire to be a good guy. He strives to do his best.

I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of exciting stories from Louisiana! I love being a missionary!

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me to be. So this is where I want to be.