N's email 2/29/2016

area: Lake Houston YSA Branch (Humble, Texas)
zone: Summerwood
companion: Elder Keech


I love being a missionary! We had so much happen this week!


Wednesday - We woke up early to go to the temple. It was so peaceful and good to get to go. This was the first time since April I've been able to go through. Sitting in there, I just didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay for hours and hours and hours. But life moves on... The 2nd Counselor in the YSA Branch drove us and he works at a place called Top Golf. He took us there for lunch after the temple and we played a game while we ate. It was so much fun! They're building one in Salt Lake City right now so hopefully sometime when we visit Utah, we can play.


Thursday - We served at a food fair through the Houston Food Bank at the church. Barely anyone showed up though so they sent all the leftover food with the missionaries to give to people who need it. One companionship made a stand with a sign saying, "Free Produce with Free Bibles." They handed it all out within a couple hours. (Elder Keech and I still have quite a bit... we live in a nicer area and we aren't currently teaching any impoverished Young Single Adults.) Late that night we got a call from President Rascon saying he wanted to interview us for a news story they're doing about Mormon missionaries!


Saturday - We got to the church early to be interviewed by President Rascon. Elder Keech was interviewed with a missionary from Mexico and there wasn't time in the story for me, but they got a few video shots of us walking around so I might still be in the story. Then we had a family history conference. Thanks to mom, I already knew most of the stuff from the classes, but that's ok, we got to talk to a few people about setting up classes at college campuses.


Transfers is today. Elder Keech and I are staying one more!!! We're soooo happy! I love being a missionary!

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be!