N's email 6/6/2016

area: Beaumont YSA Branch (Beaumont, Texas)
zone: Beaumont
companion: Elder Chamberlin

I was transferred on Monday to the Beaumont YSA!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy. I sorta secretly wanted to come here because I didn't want to make the transition going back to a family ward missionary, and because I have served in all the other zones in the mission and I wanted to be able to get to the Beaumont Zone. Tender mercies of the Lord!!! I love the Beaumont YSA! It's held in an institute building across the street from Lamar University. It's much smaller (in population) than the Lake Houston YSA but that's ok, that's why we missionaries are here.

My new companion is Elder Chamberlin. He came out 1 transfer after me. He's so real and genuine. We've laughed a lot this week and have gotten a lot of work done.

One miracle we saw was our branch mission leader called one of our investigators and asked him to sign up on the meal calendar. The investigator accepted, and signed up for Thursday, but then he went on a trip to Dallas. We told him not to worry about it but then he told us to go to a certain Subway at 5:00 on Thursday and he'd "magically" get us fed. We were skeptical, but we went. We had to wait for a while but eventually a girl walked in, pointed at us, and said, "Hey, I'm supposed to feed y'all." She bought us food, then we asked if she would sit down with us for a few minutes to talk. She accepted and we taught her the full Restoration! She had talked with a member of the Church when she was in high school and he bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and she still remembered that. She also recently left her church because she felt some of its teachings went against the teachings in the Bible. But she's looking for a new social group that will help her keep her standards high! We know just the place!

Also, to let Jessica know, I will be going on an exchange with the elders serving in Fred, TX in a couple weeks! I am so excited!

I love y'all! But I love our Savior more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.