N's email 12/29/2014

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward, Kingwood, Texas
companion: Elder Six

I love Christmas time! There's extreme Christmas spirit in Texas. Like 95% of the houses have lights and then 50% of them have MAJOR lights. It's awesome! On Christmas day we woke up at 5:30, opened presents, and then went to the church with a bunch of other missionaries to play chair soccer. I have more candy than clothing now (definitely in mass, possibly even in volume). We came home 2 or 3 times with bags full of the stuff on our doorstep. It's crazy! But thanks to those who sent gifts, my favorite was probably... I don't even know. They were all good!

Anyway, on Christmas Eve we raked Sister Harless's yard for about 4 hours. It was fun cuz she's elderly and doesn't have any family close by so we served her and got to talk to her about her conversion story and cheered her up during the holidays.

We also had a miracle this week. Some might just say it's a coincidence but that's cuz they're poopnoggins. But back to the story, I have a crazy goal of matching Elder Six's baptisms before he leaves, which is 10. We already have 1 and then on Friday we checked up on a part member family and the husband, James (nonmember) came running out to us and said that without the church's help his family wouldn't have had Christmas and started saying all this awesome stuff about the church and said "I've known I needed to get baptized and now is the time." He just needs to quit smoking and then we're golden! Then yesterday we checked on a potential investigator we had and we taught him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ on his doorstep and when we were talking about Old testament prophets he asked, "So who's the prophet today?" I think he was trying to trick us cuz no other church believes in modern day prophets, but we went on to teach about Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson and he believed us and said he would pray about it. MIRACLE!

I absolutely love Kingwood 2nd ward! I hope I stay here for like 21 months! But it's not up to me and I'm sure there's people elsewhere who need me so "I'll go where He wants me to go"

I love all of you. But I love our Savior more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.