N's email 1/5/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward, Kingwood, Texas
companion: Elder Six

A few cool things happened this week. Every Thursday we have an "Hour of Power" at 5:00 which is the Apostles and First Presidency pray in the Salt Lake Temple for missionaries to have success so we go tracting at that time. This week was the first time we gained an investigator from it! His name was Tony and he has a very horrible life. Like really horrible. So we taught him the Plan of Happiness in about 6.8937 minutes on his porch. Then he said we could come back! When we tried back the Sheriff was there so he said it wouldn't be a good time but to come back later. We also got a potential investigator on the same street named Hailee. That was a really awesome day!

We (Elder Six, the Spirit and I) also got a less active family to come back to church and they really enjoyed this Sunday. That was awesome cuz we've been working with them since I got here. And Rusty, one of our progressing investigators committed to coming to church this week. He's awesome!

Tomorrow is transfers and nobody in my district, including the zone leaders, is being moved. I'm super happy about that cuz the Elders and Hermanas are awesome in this area! And since it's been one transfer, I'd like to bear my testimony. It seems like a good tradition to start.

I KNOW there is a God. I KNOW I'm His spiritual son. This makes Him my Heavenly Father. I KNOW He loves me as any good father loves his children, but even more so. I KNOW He sent His oldest Son, Jesus Christ, my Older Brother, to Earth to live and die for me, and you. This makes us worth dying for, each one of us, individually. I KNOW He has given us prophets throughout the history of this Earth to teach us about Him. I KNOW that the Bible (as far as it is translated correctly) is revelation given to these prophets, therefore the words of God. I KNOW that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and loves all His children, so He has once again called a prophet to reveal the fullness of the good news of Jesus Christ. His name is Thomas S. Monson. You can look up his talks on youtube. I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the reestablished Church that Christ set up while He was on the Earth. This Church was established through Joseph Smith, the first modern day prophet. I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true because I've read it, and prayed about it, and have received my answer. I KNOW these things to be true. And the funny thing about truth, is that it's true, at all times and in all things and in all places.

If any of my friends have any questions about that last paragraph, ask Jessica, my little sister, she's super smart and loves answering questions.

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.