N's email 1/26/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward (Texas)
zone: Kingwood
companion: Elder Six

We've had a pretty great week this week. It started off by finding a young family, Dillon, Melissa, and their 2 year old son Braxton. They listened to the Restoration lesson and it was the first time I was able to quote the first vision (T.H.E. Mission style) in an investigator lesson. Dillon felt the Spirit strong and Melissa was interested. They said we could come back on Sunday but when we went back they weren't home. We are going back this week to set up a new appointment and get their phone number though. I'm looking forward to teaching them!

We also set a goal as a district to have 1080 contacts in 3 weeks. We know the mission goal is 200,000 this year but making smaller goals over short times makes it seem like we can make more of a difference.

We also started a scripture study class on Thursday nights at 7:30 at the Kingwood building as a finding opportunity as suggested by Preach My Gospel. We base each lesson on a Bible video and then go through the scripture asking questions that most people don't normally think about. The Swanks came as well as a recent convert and that made it a good guinea pig class. They seemed to really enjoy it and we thought it went really well. We hope and pray that we'll get more nonmembers there in the future.

I'm still super grateful that I have Elder Six as my trainer. He's so awesome and has taught me a lot about the Gospel, missionary work, and people in general. I love my dad. He always tells me I'm spoiled too because I get the Kingwood 2nd ward as my first area and I get to live so close to President and Sister Drake and the AP's. I don't mind being spoiled every so often though...
I absolutely love my mission!

We also got to teach the Sunday School class this week and it went pretty well but a member brought up "other worlds" and we had a bunch of recent converts in there so we were luck uh oh. but we explained it pretty well and I said, "I know it kinda sounds like science fiction." And then Chris Waugh, our recent convert responded "Nope, it all had to come from somewhere right?" That was pretty awesome!

That's how Satan works, he takes truths or scripture and then he twists them, just a little bit at first, but over time it completely destroys the original doctrine. I mean the Greeks were descendants of Noah and look at their mythology. That's why we need a prophet that talks to God "face to face" on a regular basis. So we make sure the doctrine and Gospel never get twisted. There was a great talk this week by a member and he told a story about going river rafting but they didn't have a guide. His brother-in-law had a book about the river and how to raft and then they went for it. He said he almost died a couple times, such as going off a water fall backwards... Wouldn't we all rather have a guide who has read the book and goes by the book, but also knows the river? Same with life, scriptures are a precious gift from God, but I'd rather have a guide (prophet) any day. Now that we all have a desire to have a prophet today, we are all on the road to a testimony of one (Alma 32).

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.




watch "The Joseph Millett Story" as a family. And tell everyone else to as well.