N's email 1/12/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward, Kingwood, Texas
companion: Elder Six

These past 2 months have felt like a couple seconds. Like it feels like I left you guys in the airport at 4 o'clock this morning. It's soooo crazy! I'm not supposed to be thinking about how much time I have left but I am 1/12 through my mission. Today! And it feels like a couple of seconds.

We had transfers this week and I sent a picture of our zone, but out of the 10 people in my district nobody was transferred. I think I said that last week but oh well. And so rather than just having 6 district meetings together and then restarting with new people we just get to keep on going for 6 more. This one was awesome because our District Leader Elder Martinez just had all of us bare our testimonies and the Spirit was super strong and we all received revelation on how to help the missionary work in our area.

Recently I have been reading a general conference talk from the conference issue of the ensign every personal study. It has really made my studies more enjoyable because it is in our language and written by living prophets.

We are really trying to get more investigators for us to teach, we have 2 right now but lessons with them are extremely difficult to set and have them keep. So our mission has a goal of contacting 200,000 people in 2015 as a mission. Elder Six and I are trying to do our part by contacting at least 10 per day. we only got 42 last week but 5 of them turned into referrals for the Spanish speaking sisters (Hermanas). We are also setting up a scripture study class based on the Bible Videos the Church produces. We are going to encourage the people who attend to read the verses before hand and then we are going to watch the Bible Video with them at the beginning and then we have 5 to 8 questions that we are going to discuss fro the remaining time. We are starting on the 22 and having one each week. We hope to be able to gain more investigators through that.

We also used the hearts Mom sent me to heart attack the AP's apartment door. I took pictures and will get them to you ASAP.

Quick story, Elder Loveland, one of the AP's, went home last week and was replaced by Elder Brewer. Elder Williams is the other AP from before and now. Anyway, Elder Loveland was supposed to go home Wednesday night but his flight was canceled and rescheduled for Thursday morning. So Wednesday night he called all of his old companions, including Elder Six, and they were all surprised cuz he was supposed to be on an airplane, and told them that he got an extension for a transfer. He also told them that President Drake said he could stay with any companionship he wanted and asked if he could stay with us. Then the next morning we spent 2 hours getting our apartment ready for 3 people to study and sleep. And then he never showed up. We eventually figured out that he left Thursday morning and it was all a lie. So Elder Six beat up Elder Williams and Elder Brewer the next morning during chair soccer with a lightsaber. And we heart attacked them.

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.