N's email 3/23/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward (Texas)
zone: Kingwood
companion: Elder Noall

We had a very interesting week. I was sick on Monday (food poisoning I think) and couldn't work after dinner. I was feeling a bit better Tuesday during Zone Conference, which was absolutely wonderful and I learned so much. We had dinner that night with a family where the husband had lost his job that morning, and it was a great experience to be able to have a spiritual conversation with them talking about blessings. He also asked us for a blessing. A man in his 40's asking two 19-year-old boys to give him a blessing of comfort and guidance. I felt super humbled! I love being a missionary.

Miracle Story: we went to find a member on the ward list at an apartment complex. He ended up having moved but right when we were getting in the car, a lady brought out her garbage so we went over and talked to her and she took a Book of Mormon and we made an appointment to go back and teach her. It was an awesome lesson and we found out that she has 6 kids! She's so open and ready to receive the Gospel. I love being a missionary.

We also have a recent convert who hasn't been paying tithing, which keeps her from attending the temple, but at our scripture study class we talked about the umbrella keeping us from getting blessings and we could just see the Spirit working on her. It was awesome to see her just staring at the picture we drew on the board with that look of, "I need to repent." I love being a missionary!

We also had dinner with a family on Saturday night and she was officially reactivated this week! I love being a missionary.

It also felt great to have 70 contacts again this week! I love being a missionary!!


There is nothing better in the world than to give all your heart, might, mind, and strength, and time to our Savior. And all he asks us to do with all that is serve other people. He could ask us (His 88,000 full-time representatives) to build more temples, or churches, or clean all of them, or make signs that say "Jesus" across East Texas that would be visible from space, but no. Our Savior is super selfless. He asks for our all, including our will, our desires, our thoughts, and then He tells us He just wanted them so we can give them our brothers and sisters around the world. Jesus is really cool, isn't He. I hope that as I continue to learn and grow and overcome my weaknesses that when people look at me, or hear me talk, they will think of Him. I've got a long way to go but I think it's a good goal.

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.