N's email 4/20/2015

area: Broadway 1st Ward (Houston, Texas)
zone: Broadway
companion: Elder Hobbs

This week was the most tired I've been so far on my mission. I also learned a lot in this week and laughed more than I have in a while. It was a great week!

We were able to contact a lot of people again and it allowed me to continue getting better at contacting. Role playing does help but actually being able to contact this many people helps so much more!

We were also able to teach a few lessons that went really well. I'm still getting used to teaching with Elder Hobbs, but we had a really great lesson yesterday with our investigator John. It was about the Plan of Salvation, and being able to teach him really confirmed my testimony that the Plan of Salvation really does provide so much hope.

On Friday night it flooded in Broadway pretty bad, like 6-12 inches in our parking lot and I heard it was deeper a little ways down the road. The Zone Leaders showed up just before water started bubbling out of the cracks in the parking lot and told us the Assistants were coming for an exchange. When the AP's finally got here they grabbed our bikes and started riding through the parking lot. So the rest of us joined in, it was so much fun! Then, because of the flooding, they all slept at our apartment and then went to the Zone Leader's in the morning. Our time with Elder Brewer really helped. I learned the importance of being bold, and that we don't need to be afraid of it because those who are ready will understand and come closer to Christ and baptism.

Elder Hobbs is also a good basketball player and he went on an exchange with Elder Dean on Tuesday and they went and played street ball to contact, but they also became friends with the people who you'd normally try to avoid, but because we serve here it's awesome to have them as friends because they'll watch out for us. I love this area so much!

I love all you you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me to be. So this is where I want to be.