N's email 7/27/2015

area: Jennings Branch (Crowley to Welsh, Louisiana)
zone: Orange
companion: Elder Kohler


This week has been super spiritual! We went to Interview Training on Tuesday. Interview Training is a meeting where we get to have one on one interviews with President Drake while Sister Drake teaches the rest of the group and then the Assistants to the President teach for the rest of the time. I love the leaders in this mission so much! They're super inspired and are incredible at having charity ('the pure love of Christ' Moroni 7:45) for their fellow man.


Then on Wednesday and Thursday we moved from Crowley to Welsh. Welsh is a much smaller town and we live right in the middle of town. The address is:
113 S Adams Street #8
Welsh, LA 70591
But don't send anything yet because I have a weird feeling that I'm going to get transferred again…


But yeah, we moved and the new apartment is probably the nicest in the mission! It has ceilings like 15 feet high and 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms... I'm grateful that we get to live there but I almost feel bad at the same time because some of our investigators are homeless...


On Friday we had a super spiritual District Meeting about what it means to be a successful missionary (I asked each missionary who one of their scriptural heroes was and why each was a hero. We got Ammon for his service, Abinadi for being bold even if it's awkward/dangerous, Enoch for humility and faith, Daniel for standing up for what he believes in, Alma the younger for his desire to help people repent... on and on. Then I pointed out that none of them are heroes because they baptized a gagillion people, although many of them had the opportunity to do that because they had these other qualities) and how we can better help the members here in this branch.


Then on Sunday I found out that Sister Obu did get baptized! That made me so happy! Here's the story: we set a baptism date with her the last day I was in Baytown for July 26, but the sisters who took our place have had very little contact with her, then yesterday in Sunday School, Brother Files asked Sister Obu, "You're getting baptized today, right?" and she said "umm... Sure, I guess." So after church she got baptized! It kinda stinks that I wasn't able to be there since it was short notice but I'm so happy for her!

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.