N's email on 8/24/2015

area: Jennings Branch (Welsh, Louisiana)
zone: Orange
companion: Elder Hobbs


I really loved this week!


My eyes were really opened and many of my prayers answered on Saturday. Elder Corbirdge from the first quorum of seventy came and spoke to all the missionaries in T.H.E. Mission. When he was a mission president he gave a talk titled "The Fourth Missionary" and it's so good. He talked mostly about teaching simply and for understanding. I really needed to learn about that! We also had a leadership meeting afterwards and he talked about how his hope/vision/goal for all missionaries is that when he asks, "Why should someone be baptized into our church?" he’ll get the response, "For the remission of sins." Every time.


We were supposed to go to the Houston Temple on Wednesday, but we couldn't find a ride. This branch is really small and all the men were busy and we're not allowed to ride in cars without a male over 16. I was a bit disappointed when we couldn't find a ride, but I have faith that we were where the Lord wanted us to be.

This last District Meeting was among my favorites from my whole mission. We concentrated on diligence. I think I'm the one who needed to work on this the most out of my entire district but I know that Elder Heaps, Elder Rosenlund, and Elder Hobbs can all improve on it as well. I found a quote by Elder Ballard from this most recent ensign saying how we are at war with the adversary and his followers. We came to the conclusion that as missionaries we are behind enemy lines in this war. And we also came to the conclusion (after reading some verses from the war chapters in Alma) that if we are not diligent or anxiously engaged, then we will die and our mission will not be completed. The Spirit was really strong and I think that we all felt motivated, I know I did.


I've definitely seen improvement in Elder Hobbs and I since that district meeting and the mission conference. We had an awesome day yesterday.


We also discovered a letter about missionary work called "The Ricciardi Letter" and that really got me pumped up.


I love being a missionary!
I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.