N's email 10/12/2015

area: Jennings Branch (Welsh, Louisiana)
zone: Orange
companion: Elder Hobbs


First off, thanks to everyone for the "happy birthdays.” It was a good one. I made Johnny Cake (one box cornbread and one box yellow cake mix) and we had a quick birthday party after District Meeting on Friday. I took pictures but I forgot my adapter today to I won't be able to send them until next week.


We had a great week. We talked to 143 strangers this week! Our goal was 140 but we had some time left last night and found a few more people to share a message with. We met an awesome family last night and were able to testify to them that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. We gave them a couple Book of Mormons and they had a bunch of kids and I had a Book of Mormon stories in my backpack (we were going to give to an investigator who has a really low reading level but she cancelled our appointment and I forgot to take it out of my backpack) and we gave it to them and by the time we left the kids were flipping through it looking at the pictures. I love getting the chance to teach families with young kids, they're always so eager to believe.


We also had Interview Training (personal interviews with the Mission President) on Friday and I felt so edified!


Transfers are in 2 weeks so towards the end of this week start sending stuff to the mission office rather than our apartment in Welsh. I feel like I'll be transferred…


Elder Hobbs is doing terrific but he's not looking forward to transfers.


I love you guys. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.