N's email 10/4/2015

area: Jennings Branch (Welsh, Louisiana)
zone: Orange
companion: Elder Hobbs


So there's a study activity at the end of Chapter 5 in Preach My Gospel (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints' missionary manual, but it's a fantastic study guide for anyone) and it says to go through 5 specific chapters in the Book of Mormon highlighting and underlining anything that references Jesus Christ. I started on Wednesday and I'm still working on it... Each page is covered in different colors of colored pencils marking Jesus Christ's names, attributes, actions, and words. I'll send a picture next week. It's really improved my knowledge on who Jesus Christ is and His relationship with me.


I absolutely loved General Conference (when the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak to the worldwide Church) and I think my favorite talk was the one about Ponderizing. 80% pondering and 20% memorization. I'm excited to apply it in my life.


Quick Story: We were phone contacting (going through the list of contacts in the phone and calling everyone we didn't know) and we got a hold of one person who seemed really interested in talking with us and then we got her address and she ended up living in Tennessee... God definitely has a sense of humor.


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.