N's email 11/9/2015

area: Pine Trails Ward (Houston, Texas)
zone: Pine Trails
companion: Elder Lee


How has time gone so fast? I distinctly remember writing in my journal at my 1 month mark and how surprised I was about how fast time was going... now 11 months later it still only feels like 1 day. Life
sometimes...


This week was good. We've had a couple people really progress! One is Sister Rivers, her daughter has been a member of the Church for years, and Sister Rivers has attended often but never joined. This week she decided to be baptized on December 6!


We also had a couple interesting lessons where the people we were teaching presented a few complex questions and I didn't seem to be explaining the answers clearly. I didn't really know how to answer
their questions in a way they would understand and it was racking my brain for the last few days. Then yesterday all of the answers came when we had a regional conference and some General Authorities spoke.

One of the questions was about how we discern truth. And Elder Corbridge, who came and visited our mission in August, spoke in the Conference Sunday about finding out what is true and what is false and
answered the question so exactly and in a way I know this investigator will understand. Elder Corbridge was over 1500 miles away and had no idea what I was going through, yet he answered my questions with
exactness. I know that's a miracle.


Let me tell you a little about my companion, Elder Lee. He was born in South Korea and moved to New Zealand when he was about 12. Lived there a few months and then moved to Arizona. Then back to South Korea for a little while, then to Provo, UT. He lived there until he left on his mission. He spent 2 semesters at BYU between high school and his mission. He speaks Korean, English, and enough Mandarin and Spanish to carry a conversation. He loves food! When we go to Walmart to shop he skips and hops around the food section with a huge smile on his face. He's been a member his whole life. He's super awesome!


In case anybody is wondering, I'm doing well. I love being a missionary, especially in T.H.E. Mission of the Church!


Please keep sending letters and emails!


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.