N's email 11/2/2015

area: Pine Trails Ward (Houston, Texas)
zone: Pine Trails
companion: Elder Lee


Hello!


I'm so grateful to be in the city again! I will never want to live in the city after my mission but it's much easier to be a missionary in the city. There's never ending people to talk to and you have 4 Spanish missionary companionships covering our same area so we get referrals all day every day! I love being a missionary!


I don't have too much to say this week. Just that I know God lives. He's our Father. He loves us. He's given us His Son so we can live, and breathe, and work, and have hope. He's given us His Gospel so we can know what we need to do to be happy. This Gospel is revealed through prophets. Men like Adam, Noah, and Moses. Unfortunately, the people in their day rejected the prophets. Jesus Christ came Himself to teach the Gospel and perform the Atonement. However the people rejected Him too. His 12 Apostles continued to teach the fullness of the Gospel, but they were also murdered, imprisoned, or exiled. The Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness was lost for nearly 2000 years.


Our Loving Heavenly Father and our Savior have again reached out to their children in love and called another prophet in the year 1820. His name was Joseph Smith. I have evidence of this. You can hold it in your hand, read it, ponder its message, and then pray, asking God if what you've read is true. I have received my answer. It is true. I know it. And God knows it.


I love this message. I love the hope and understanding it brings to the people I get to talk to everyday.


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.