N's email 12/28/2015

area: Lake Houston YSA Branch (Humble, Texas)
zone: Summerwood
companions: Elder Keech and Elder Edward


I absolutely love the YSA Branch! I think it's partially because Elder Edward and Elder Keech are the best of the best. But also the members are so involved in missionary work, coming to lessons, and bringing their friends to church.


Christmas was great! I loved Skyping my family and being able to ask and respond to questions without a week of lag time like emails work. I love my family! I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation!


My favorite part of this last week was Tuesday night. We drove by some basketball courts and there were a bunch of people playing so we went over and asked if we could play a game. They laughed at us and after we got teams situated (the three of us and two guys who were playing against five of the rest of them) one of the guys from the other team came over and said "we're gonna whoop your butts. It's gonna be a blowout, 12-0!" We just smiled at him. Then Elder Keech during the first minute of the game made two lay ups and a three pointer. When we got to 12 one of the other guys on our team said we'd play to 16 to give them a chance. We ended up winning 16-11. Afterwards we said we'd like to share a message and 9 of them sat down on the court and we taught them the restoration and gave them all "Christmas presents" in the form of Book of Mormons.


Christmas Day we went caroling as a zone and that was fantastic! Everyone was so cheerful and everyone we carol led to received it so well. It really lifted the missionaries spirits to be unified in inviting others to come unto Christ.


Also! Sister Rivers got baptized! it was such a great baptismal service! the Spirit was so strong and she was so ready!


I love being a missionary.


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me to be. So this is where I want to be.