N's email 12/21/2015

area: Lake Houston YSA Ward (Humble, Texas)
zone: Summerwood
companions: Elder Edward and Elder Keech


I love this area! The YSA is the best! There's always members available to come to lessons. And our investigators, being YSA's, are nearly always available to meet so we don't have to deal with having to convince them to set aside time to meet with us. It's awesome!


Also, Elder Edward and Elder Keech Are my best friends! I'm sooooo grateful for them!


We went on an exchange this week, Elder Anderson came to our area with Elder Keech and I. It was awesome! The most memorable part was when we went to see a member who struggles with life. Before we got out of the car Elder Keech suggested we say a prayer asking for miracles. I offered the prayer and I asked for miracles, asked that we would recognize them, and asked that they would start as soon as we left the car. We got out of the car, read about Samuel the Lamanite prophesying about the sign of Christ's birth and then about the righteous being saved because the sign came. Then we gave him a blessing. Then he said, "I also have a neighbor who would like a blessing. Can I take you there?" We asked a few questions about his neighbor and found out that he's a son of a less active and the member said, "let's just say he's a golden investigator." So we hurried over, had a member present lesson, gave the neighbor a blessing, and then he gave us a referral of another neighbor. We went over there and that referral wasn't home, but his mom was so we got her info and passed it on to the Woodforest elders. Then as we got ready to leave, the member we were with had a friend over so we got his info and set up a time to watch the Restoration movie with them. Miracles!!!


We saw many other miracles this week too! I can't remember all of them and I left my journal in our apartment but there were many!


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.