N's email 3/21/2016

area: Houston Lake YSA Branch (Humble, Texas)
zone: Summerwood
companions: Elder Ericson


Hello! We had a good week! A little craziness with some of the other companionships in the zone, but that's settled down now. We're having a lot of improvement in the zone among the missionaries and everyone is really excited about it!


This week was a little bit of a struggle because recently we've been spending a lot of time on college campuses contacting and teaching people, but this week was spring break so we just rode around neighborhoods, contacting YSA's who were outside and trying to find members who are YSA age but don't come to the branch. Next week is going to be awesome though!


We've been reading in Alma recently and I've gained a new appreciation for chapters 26 and 29. They are so good for missionaries to read!


Lawrence is progressing towards being baptized this next Sunday! We're super excited about that and seeing his faith strengthened so much since the first time we met. I don't remember exactly what day it was - and I don't want to tell this because it may sound like boasting, but I'm not boasting, like Ammon said, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." - Anyway, we were having a lesson with Lawrence and he had been saying that if God wanted him to be baptized then God would have to give him a job, but if he didn't get a job, then he won't get baptized. Now having a job is a righteous desire and we're working with our ward members to find a job for him, but seeking signs always leads to trouble in the scriptures, and still does today. But this past week Lawrence said, "I don't need a job, I will get baptized." Our jaws dropped. We asked what changed his mind and he replied, "Ever since he (pointing at me) came here, I see he have great faith, his faith is strong. I want to have my faith strong like that. I will get baptized." Our jaws fell off at after that comment. I felt so humbled and we taught him that we should always look to Christ as our example and seek faith like He had.


I love being a missionary!


I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.