N's email 3/14/2016

area: Lake Houston YSA Branch (Humble, Texas)
zone: Summerwood
companions: Elder Keech and Elder Ericson


Hello! This last week was a great one! We've continued to work hard. I love this area and I love being a missionary.


From going on a mission, we learn so much about the Plan of Salvation. We found out this morning about a few missionaries in our zone going home early. Elder Keech will be taking the place of one of them, so it'll be just Elder Ericson and I starting tomorrow morning. It's so sad!


When missionaries go home at the end of their 2 years or 18 months, it's bitter sweet, and you're happy they filled a full mission and they get to go home to their families - just like in life when someone has lived a full life and dies.


But when they go home early, it's just sad. A good thing about the mission though is that they can come back out if they choose to.


Anyway, draw out the plan of salvation, and then draw out a person’s life with a section "pre-mission" then "mission" then "post mission single life" then "married life," and look at the similarities.


Our investigator, Lawrence, won't be baptized yet this week, but soon. He's making a lot of progress! The person giving him a ride to church yesterday had some miscommunication and ended up missing him. Lawrence was sitting at home, thinking, "I didn't go to church, but it's Sunday, so I need to do something to serve the Lord. I remembered in the Bible it told me to love my enemies. So, I walked to the house of the man I fought with before I went to prison, who hit me on the head with the board, to say sorry and ask for forgiveness." He told us that when we went to see him last night. He's nervous about being baptized again though. He doesn't understand yet that people who baptize need the authority to do so.


Again, I love being a missionary. It's sad sometimes but you can't know the happy without the sad.

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.