N's email 6/27/2016

area: Beaumont YSA Branch (Beaumont, Texas)
zone: Beaumont
companion: Elder Chamberlin


I love being a missionary!


One thing that I must share is that within the Beaumont Zone this week there were 6 converts baptized! I had the opportunity to interview one of them, Rafael.


His story is that after High School he went to a Christian Seminary for 2 years, but got a little disinterested so he left the seminary and started working. But after a couple more years he went back to seminary, a different one this time, but a semester before he got his certificate he left again. He still believed in God but distanced himself from any particular group. A couple months ago, in a tiny town called Winnie, TX he walked into his cousin's house to find 2 young, Mormon, sister missionaries. He thought he would have fun by asking difficult questions that nobody could answer at the seminaries he went to, or all the pastors he worked with during those years. They had answers for all of them. Two 19 year old ladies. Over the next couple months he read the Book of Mormon, prayed to Heavenly Father in the name of Christ, and received an answer that all the answers these two sister missionaries gave him were true. He told me this story (as a 40 year old "big tough guy") with tears in his eyes. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary!


Another big thing, Giovanni (an investigator in the Lake Houston YSA Branch) got baptized. Elder Ericson and I were the first ones to teach him after his best friend brought him to church. He's also only 19 years old and very possibly could go on a mission. His best friend, Tony, is working on his paperwork.

I love y'all! But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.