N's email 10/17/2016

area: Fred Branch (Silsbee, Texas)
zone: Beaumont
companion: Elder Batista

Fred is great. Just the name is great! Being a missionary is great!

This week was good. We had a Zone Meeting about the importance of reading, pondering, and praying about the scriptures. It was really good.

Elder Batista is a great missionary!

We had a bit of an adventure this week. I thought I had learned my lesson in Jennings about trying to take side roads or shortcuts. Well, I guess I didn't... We biked around the side of a national preserve on a county road and went down about 6 miles looking for a less active member of the Church. We got down there but we couldn't find the address and we were running out of time to get to our next appointment. We knew there was a trail that went up the middle of the preserve so we found the trailhead on the county road we were on, then started down it. At first it was really fun! By the end we were so tired though. It ended up being 8 miles instead of 6. With all the twists and turns and the little inclines and declines, it got rough by the end. Still a fun experience though. We made to our next appointment with 2 minutes to spare.

Again, I love being a missionary. I love serving in THE Mission of the Church. I wouldn't trade these experiences for the world.

I love y'all. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be


From his email to Mom:
I got accepted to both BYU and BYU-Idaho. I'll be praying about it this week.
CONGRATULATIONS Nathan!!!!!