N's email 2/16/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward (Texas)
zone: Kingwood
companion: Elder Six

This week was incredible. Although we didn't get in with any of our investigators and we couldn't find any new ones in our finding efforts, we had a great week of serving our recent converts. Elder Mitchel was on exchanges with me on Tuesday and we helped Harriet dig a trench in her front yard. Elder Mitchel actually dug that same trench almost a year ago when he served in this ward. Those two are best friends! I have a goal to become like that with all my investigators and recent converts.

Wednesday we helped the Crofts family sand and repaint a door which we thought would only take a couple hours but ended up taking about 5. We were going to try to see a few potential investigators with Chris but he ended us just coming and helping us sand this door.

Thursday we were able to take Chris to the temple for baptisms, Elder/Brother Thomas drove us. Chris had such a wonderful experience, especially because he was doing family names. He was so incredibly happy!

Then on Saturday Elder Six was feeling very dehydrated while we were tracting and then as we were walking away from a house he found a water bottle on the way out that WAS NOT there when we walked up.

Sunday was amazing, the Stake Patriarch spoke and gave great advise on raising an eternal family. Our ward is also getting super excited about missionary work since President Fronk instructed the ward council last week on inviting.

I love this ward, and I love Elder Six. I will miss him so much but I'm also glad that I was able to be his "son" and learn from him before he left. I'm his only "son" as you know and he had been praying for me for a long time. I consider any and all answers to prayers miracles, so this makes me Elder Six's miracle. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be that.


This has been a wonderful 12 weeks. I get a new companion tomorrow. I don't know who yet. I do get to stay in this area though, which I'm super happy about!

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more (Matthew 22:37). And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.