N's email 3/2/2015

area: Kingwood 2nd Ward (Texas)
zone: Kingwood

companion: Elder Noall


This week was going great up to Friday, then it started to be fantastic! Assistant Brewer came with us and showed us so many ways we can improve. It was such a great opportunity!


Earlier that week we had already decided to start thinking about specific people we can pray for (like the other miracle stories happening in T.H.E. Mission) and that we would pray for it on Thursday. Elder Brewer was planning with us and we prayed for a family of 5 who we could teach the Gospel to and that they'd be receptive. Then on Friday we had several amazing contacts but none of them ended up being interested. We ended up having 16 contacts that day, and none wanted to have lessons. Elder Brewer had to go back early so we dropped him off and we had a little time before dinner so we tried a member. we told them who we had prayed for and she said "I don't know a family of 5, but I know one of 3. Let me text them." She texted her right there and set up an appointment for us on Monday! Then we ended up having dinner with those members Sunday and we learned that she meant 3 children, IT WAS A FAMILY OF FIVE!!!!!

Heavenly Father answers prayers! He does want this work to succeed, because it's His work! I'm so glad I'm a missionary!

We also had 2 investigators, Dayne & Kendle (a young couple), at Sacrament Meeting! This was the first time an investigator has come for two and a half months.
I love this area, it's become my home. I think I can start to understand that picture book about the boy who grows to be a missionary. I don't remember what it's titled, but the boy says "you don't swim on a mission because you go to the empty sea."



I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.