N's email 5/4/2015

area: Broadway 1st Ward (Houston, Texas)
zone: Broadway
companion: Elder Hobbs

This week has been great! I can't believe it's week 6 of the transfer already! I've enjoyed my time with Elder Hobbs so much. He's such a great missionary, always working hard and encouraging me to do so as well.

We met 3 incredible people this week.

The first is Paul. He's from Trinidad and he's had a bunch of experiences with the Holy Ghost in his life. Like being saved from an Anaconda. We taught him the Restoration and he really enjoyed it. He's so awesome!

Second is Alex. He's from Burundi and is here for school. We were walking through the apartment complex that he lives in and asked us if he could sit and talk with us for a little while. He essentially asked us what was wrong with American Society. We talked about the lack of religion is part of it, and we shared the quote from Preach My Gospel "We are commanded by God to take this gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family." He agreed with that. We also shared with him that modern prophets and Apostles have counseled us that the destruction of families will also cause the destruction of societies. He agreed with that too. We talked about what motivates us as missionaries and why we go around and talk to complete strangers in "not the nicest part of town." At the end we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him a little bit about it. He committed to read and pray about it.

The third is named Ifaenyi. I'm not quite sure where he's from, but he has a sweet accent. Elder Hobbs walked up to him while he was sitting outside his apartment and contacted him. We discussed the priesthood fairly in depth and he invited us back to share more of our message.

I love being a missionary!

Thank you to all of those who have sent letters over these past months! please continue to do so! I can only write on Mondays so it may take me a little while to get back to you but I will.

I love all of you. But I love Jesus Christ more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.


about Mother's Day - Invite Bob and Joni if they're not otherwise occupied, but because I only get 40 minutes to talk, I'd prefer no friends there this time. You can tell them it's because their mothers deserve their full attention, which is definitely true.