N's email 9/26/2016

area: Fred Branch (Silsbee, Texas)
zone: Beaumont
companion: Elder Souza


This week was good! We did a little bit of everything. Service, tracting, biking, teaching, driving, eating, sweating (lots and lots of sweating, it's still very hot), and churching.


It looks like we might have some surprises this week, not sure though. Just expect to be surprised next week from my email…


We had Jehovah's Witnesses knock on our trailer door this week. We learned a little about contacting. Like we should look people in the eyes because when we don't, they feel like our message isn't personal. Also, to speak confidently because if we don't, then it's difficult for them to believe what we're saying is true.


We also read the Book of Mormon with Michael this past week, just going through reading some of the more important verses pertaining to doctrine. It brought the Spirit so strong. There's so much power in the words of Christ! As Alma put it, "And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just--yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them--therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God." I love the scriptures and how much they teach me about Jesus Christ.


I love being a missionary!


I love y'all. But I love our Savior more. And this is where He wants me. So this is where I want to be.

Your favorite missionary, Elder Combrink